Sunday, July 8, 2012

Retreat Report

It doesn't seem possible that three weeks have passed since I was packing up the car and heading to St. Louis for our annual Clara's Quilting Cottage Retreat.      It was so great to be able to spend some time with these lovely ladies, most of whom I met online over the last ten years or so. 


It's been difficult to break down the 300+ photos I took and decide which of them to share with you, but here goes!  We were asked to wear animal prints on Welcome Night as a special salute to Faye who loves all things leopard (and giraffe, and zebra, and snakeskin and............ Well, you get the idea!)  












Debbie really got into the spirit with her pedicure!












Rilla came to Retreat prepared to "deal with it!"
























Julie came prepared for.......well.......I'm not sure what!






It was great to see my roommate, Faye, again.  We have been roomies since 2005 except for last year when she chose going to her daughter's wedding over quilting with us!   I know, Right?? She gave me these awesome gifts!  Don't you love the purse she made for me?













Show and Tell involved some great quilts and also some great stories.       Like Gayle's.......






















.......and Eve's.
























Some of the gals played "strip poker" with Julie again this year, and she won ALL the fabric strips, as usual.  They should know better by now.







In addition to all the fun and shenanigans, some did actually sew!














Faye made a great start on her "Swoon" quilt.  You can read more about it HERE.























Next time -- the Black and White and One Other Color Challenge and some of MY sewing!


3 comments:

Mimi said...

Ah...aren't you sweet. Can't wait to see more...even though I was there, too. LOL Glad you love your goodies.

Gloria said...

Wonderful photo choices and great commentary. Can't wait (but I will, patiently) for Part 2... :o)

Lonnie Drahos said...

Great job and I too want to see more!