Thursday, February 5, 2015

February Goal for ALYoF

My February goal for A Lovely Year of Finishes is to make twelve pillowcases.  Part of the retreat I attend every June is making something for a charity.  For many years we made 22" quilts, aka Love Covers, for the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at St. Louis Children's Hospital.  One year we made a quilt for every retired nun at The Mercy Center.  For several years now we have been making pillowcases for the patients at Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital.  

We started out a little slow in 2011.

























We made quite a few more in 2012.

















In 2013 we really outdid ourselves. 


















This year every person who attends the retreat is being challenged to make twelve pillowcases, that's only one a month so should be very doable.  I pulled fabric this week for pillowcases so that will be my goal for February - to make my twelve pillowcases for retreat.

























I think it's a nice variety of fabrics.  Something for everyone from toddler to teen.

I'm linking up with the Goal Setting Party at Fiber of All Sorts for A Lovely Year of Finishes 

4 comments:

Happy Turtle said...

How wonderful.
Carol

Dar said...

Oooh, those are some very pretty fabrics for pillowcases. I like how you have recorded all the different years. I'm well over my 12 and still going. It helps my stash report each week. lol

Angie in SoCal said...

Bless you ladies. I'm sure all your efforts are very much appreciated.

Val's Quilting Studio said...

I can just imagine all the smiles those fun pillowcase bright! Bet it's fun to collect all the fabric too!! :)