Wednesday, April 29, 2015

April Goal -- Finished!

I wasn't holding my breath on this one.  The April A Lovely Year of Finishes goal I set for myself turned out to be SO much more work than I had anticipated.  It seems like all I did was quilt for the last 3 weeks!  My machine made me proud of her while I burned the midnight oil, so to speak.















I remembered to clean and oil my machine and change to a new needle after every three bobbins of sewing.  I think that made the quilting much easier and the results more pleasing.  There were a lot of thread color changes which made for an incredible number of threads to bury, but I think it was worth it.  I'm happy with the results.   Can you tell?  My Quilted Village is done.  I'm calling it "Synesthesia."






































Here are a few close-ups of the quilting.  





















I'm going to take more photos tomorrow when, hopefully, it isn't quite so sunny.  (I shouldn't be complaining about that since we've had so much rain this month!)

I am linking up with Fiber of All Sorts for their Finishes Party.   

I am also linking up this week with A Quilting Reader's Garden for WIP's be Gone Week 18.


5 comments:

PaintedThread said...

Huzzah! It's done. It looks terrific. Boy that village green pops!

Gloria said...

YEA!!! Congratulations on finishing your Village! It is Bright, Colorful and truly Beautiful. The quilting is Amazing. A Happy Thought indeed.

Marilyn said...

Sandy - wowzer! I have been following all the work you have put in on this quilt. It is downright AWESOME! Beautiful piecing, choice of fabrics and quilting!

Mimi said...

You did all this quilting on your DSM? I am impressed. It looks great. Why am I hesitating to do my Home Sweet Home on the long arm? If you can do such a great job on your regular sewing machine, I should be able to mine on the long arm. You have given me the incentive. The quilt looks great and I will be surprised if it doesn't make it into a big quilt show. Can't wait to see it in person!!!!

Dar said...

Congrats on finishing your beautiful Synesthesia. The quilting looks awesome.I'm so proud of you for tackling the FMQ on your DSM. It is really fun, isn't it. I kind of miss not quilting on my Bernina now that I have the long arm.