Monday, July 20, 2015

In the Sewing Mood

I have really been looking forward to a long day of sewing since I got my sling off a few weeks ago.  Today was the day!  I found some great Batman fabrics in my stash.  Hubby had bought them for me years ago at one of my favorite St. Louis quilt shops, The Quilted Fox.

























I need to make another baby quilt so I started cutting and sewing.  This is what I ended up with after about a half day in my sewing room.























Now to decide which fabric to use for binding.....

























5 comments:

Mimi said...

I pick blue. It will tone down the busy border and go along with the boy theme. I think I am going to make more baby quilts, too; and keep them on hand. When I was looking through my stash yesterday, I found some great baby fabrics. I don't need to go to a store for a long time. Great going Sandy.

Chantal said...

Wow! That was a very productive half day. I pick yellow for the binding because babies love high contrast... and because I ♥ yellow lol. So happy to hear you are finally cast free. YEEAAAHHH!! Enjoy the freedom! ;^)

Kathy Davis said...

Nice job. Can't believe you did all that in one afternoon. It took me all one evening to put part of a long apron together. (I didn't have a pattern.) I give away most everything I make, but feel pressure when I am asked to make something out of my realm. Do you ever feel this way? Kind of takes the joy out of sewing. Kathy

You can't go wrong with any of the bindings. :)
kdavis1@centurytel.net

Sandy Panagos said...

Thanks for the comment, Kathy. Yes, I do feel pressure when asked to make something, not just out of my realm, but anything specific that someone wants. I’m only confident making something that was my idea! lol

Anonymous said...

So cute! I don't know how I missed that. My six foot tall baby would love it. LOL Any of those fabrics would make a good binding, but I like the blue because it pulls the blue from your center out to the edge.