Monday, April 2, 2018

April Goals and Whatnot

I may have bitten off more than I can chew.  That is to say, "I may have set more goals than I can accomplish." Actually, so far this year of the 6 goals I set I'm only behind by one, and I'm making great progress with that one.  Josh's T-Shirt quilt top (which was my February 6 & 6 in 2018 goal) is almost finished.  I had to order more fusible interfacing in order to prep the last two shirts that need to be added.  In the mean time, here's a little preview.






















But, I digress.  My April 6 & 6 in 2018 goal is .....  



















..... to make something using the fat quarters my friend, Leigh, gave me. That didn't sound too bad.  Not until I pulled them out of the cabinet, that is.  



















Can I work my way through forty-seven fat quarters this month?  We shall see.  

I really didn't want to think about it until tomorrow.  Today, I decided to make a doll quilt.  This morning I used squares from my stash to put it together then basted and quilted it. All I need to do now is stitch down the binding.

























Because every child deserves to see his or her own face in the face of a doll, Amy Jandrisevits, owner and creator of A Doll Like Me, has made it her mission to create custom dolls for children with limb differences, albinism, birth marks, burns, scars, even cochlear implants.  Here are just a few of the dolls she's made.
























And, since every doll needs a quilt, Bernie at Needle & Foot Fine Fabrics, recently hosted a doll quilt drive.  You can find more information about it here.  If you check here you can see photos and videos of these little ones receiving their dolls.  

Maybe after reading more about it you will be motivated to make a doll quilt, too.  I'm hoping the one I made today will be the first of many.

4 comments:

Louise said...

I love your little green doll quilt! And I'm glad you're sewing for A Doll Like Me :)

Unknown said...

That's wonderful! Thank you so much :)
Amy

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kate said...

Good luck with your April goal. I always struggle at the "what to do with this fabric stage". Picking a pattern is the hardest part.